Gentle Giant Moving Co. has been recognized as one of the Top Small Workplaces in the U.S. from the Wall Street Journal due to our great culture, progressive workplace, and reputation for delivering exceptional service. We are seeking energetic, friendly, and hardworking individuals to join Great Giant. The most successful applicants will love working on a team, enjoy challenge, and appreciate a good laugh. Prior moving experience is not required.
Gentle Giant isn't just a moving company, we're a people development company. The job of managing the relocation of many thousands of dollars of valuables is a great venue for developing leaders. At Gentle Giant, those who demonstrate aptitude and leadership are promoted quickly to Crew Chief. A Crew Chief is fully responsible for leading crews, training new hires, and dealing directly with customers. Many begin as temporary employees but stay because of our commitment to creating a career path for valued team members. We're proud of our managers and sales staff who started as movers during college and equally proud that Gentle Giant has served as a launch pad for former Giants who are now leaders in their fields.
Gentle Giant is looking to hire movers for the following Massachusetts offices: Somerville (headquarters), Acton, Beverly, Franklin, Marlborough, Plymouth, Readville, and Wilmington.
Benefits of Career Opportunities at Gentle Giant
- Working for a company awarded for workplace practices
- On the job and traditional leadership training
- Formal mentoring program to develop leaders for our national offices
- Challenging work opportunities
- Exceptional coworkers, who work hard and have a sense of humor
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Matching 401K plan
- Free gym membership
- Summer and holiday parties
- Entries for running the Boston marathon
- Occasional theater and sports tickets
- Gentle Giant is an equal opportunity employer
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Gentle Giant actively recruits college educated individuals to work as movers
- No prior moving experience is required
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Carry heavy items
- Carry heavy items long distances and up and down stairs
- Manually hoist heavy items
- Pack typical household or office items
- Prep furniture (wrap in movers pads) and equipment
- Dis-assemble and re-assemble furniture items
- Interact effectively with customers
- Use hand or power tools
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products
You should seriously consider Gentle Giant if you are looking for a challenging and rewarding job that will provide you with great experiences involving teamwork, leadership, customer service, physical challenge, and problem solving.