Website Gentle Giant
Come get paid to work out, have fun, and grow with an industry-leading company!
Gentle Giant Moving Company has been recognized as one of the Top Small Workplaces in the U.S. from the Wall Street Journal due to our great culture, progressive workplace, and reputation for delivering exceptional service. We are seeking motivated and experienced individuals to join our team of crew chiefs, drivers, and customer service experts. With 20+ regional offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Washington, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, California and Washington State, we offer both full time and flexible part time opportunities to join Gentle Giant around the country.
You should seriously consider Gentle Giant if you are looking for a challenging and rewarding job that will provide you with great experiences involving teamwork, leadership, customer service, physical challenges, and problem solving. We actively recruit college educated individuals to work as movers, placing a focus on athletes who enjoy physical work and have experience in team environments. Here at Gentle Giant, we recognize the value of hard work and offer many opportunities for training and advancement throughout your career with us. All company operations managers and 70% of the senior management team, including our founder and CEO, began their tenure by working on the trucks!
- Support Gentle Giant’s culture and values
- Build strong customer relationships
- Strictly follow safety guidelines and provide a safe work environment at all times
- Complete relevant paperwork and collect payment
- Pack typical household or office items and prepare furniture and equipment
- Load, unload, or stack containers, material, or products
- Class A Driver’s license encouraged to apply
Required Education and Experience:
- Prior moving experience
- Command of English language
- High school diploma or GED preferred
Required Abilities and Skills:
The most successful applicants will love working on a team, enjoy a challenge, and appreciate a good laugh
- Strong team management skills (ability to delegate, show respect, etc.)
- Ability to problem solve with a minimum of outside assistance
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills resulting in efficient moves
- Commitment to returning customer issue calls or e-mails ASAP
- Physical ability to perform the work including above average strength and stamina
- Appreciation for customer service
- Effective communication skills
- Friendly and polite personality
- Demonstrated patience, tolerance, and humility
- Exceptional record of reliability and dependability
- Proven ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Proven ability to push one’s limits
- Demonstrated ability to be completely forthright about mistakes and oversights
- Proven ability to follow direction precisely
- Positive attitude in the face of adversity
All applicants should have a history of providing exceptional customer service and enjoy working in a fast pace environment while leading less experienced crew members. Gentle Giant offers competitive pay, comprehensive medical and dental plans, and a 401k.
Learn more about our New York City moving company location in Brooklyn.
See all moving company jobs.