At Gentle Giant Moving Company, we believe that we have a responsibilitynot only to care for our customers, but also for the environment that we share with them.
We work harder everyday to be one of the leading Green Moving Companies. We support responsible initiatives that include reducing waste, reusing materials whenever possible, and recycling.
Green Moving Company Initiatives:
- Reduce and reuse our moving boxes and packing supplies whenever possible
- Offer complimentary retrieval of used moving boxes and packing supplies
- Resell used boxes at discounted prices
- Collect all non reusable moving boxes, which are then compacted and sent to a recycling center
- Recycle anywhere between 80,000 - 100,000 pounds of materials each year
- Provide moving boxes that are manufactured from 90% post-consumer recycled materials
- Use only biodegradable foam peanuts
- Use bubble wrap that is oxo-biodegradable, degrading into only water, carbon dioxide and less than 1% natural biomass
- Source the production of our moving boxes and packing materials from companies that participate in Sustainable Forestry Initiative programs
- Use FSC certified products for external marketing materials
- "Bike Friendly Business" award winner by the City of Boston
- Member of the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Boston
Click here to learn more about the Gentle Giant Charitable Foundation and our efforts to improve our overall community and environment.