Temperatures are dropping, exams are looming, and students are counting down the days until their extended break at home. Winter break is a nice time to rest and recover from a busy semester, but it can be easy to let the days slip away into one never-ending nap.
Here are a few great ways to stay sharp and make the most of your time on break:
- Update your resume – Employment with Gentle Giant can provide a resume boost as working for us demonstrates customer service experience, the ability to work under pressure, and a strong work ethic. It is a challenging job with opportunities for increased responsibility, demonstrated job progression, and development of leadership skills.
- Catch up with friends and make new ones – When you ask an employee the best part of working at Gentle Giant, the answer generally includes “the people you work with.” It is a close-knit work environment which offers the opportunity to make new friends with a shared interest in working hard, having fun, and getting paid. Many seasonal employees join the company during the summer and return to work during their school break to reconnect with friends and fellow athletes.
- Exercise – Want to stay fit while you are home enjoying some extra holiday treats? Working for a moving company is a guaranteed way to stay in shape during your break from school sports. Gentle Giant was founded by rowers and has maintained a strong focus on health and wellness in the work place. The first thing new employees in New England do together is tackle the stairs at the Harvard Stadium for a group workout. There is also a company gym on-site at our headquarters, and employees receive a free or subsidized gym membership, depending on your location.
- Catch up on sleep –When you spend the day running around outside in the fresh air and moving household goods, you will sleep like a baby. Some well-earned shut eye feels restorative after a hard day and is a good way to make those winter break naps really count.
- Try something new – Every day at Gentle Giant is different. You will find yourself working with different coworkers in a different house moving different customers. There is never a dull moment to be staring at the clock in this fast-paced and continually changing work environment. Come join the Gentle Giant team and try something a little different!
- Plan – Gentle Giant offers a flexible schedule which allows movers to work whenever they chose to be available, whether it’s one day a month or six days a week. With our motto, “once a Giant, always a Giant,” we make it easy for employees to come and go as they need at all Gentle Giant offices across the country. Many college students work full-time all summer, head back to school, pick up occasional days of work here and there, work for school breaks, and cobble together a schedule which perfectly maximizes their availability.
Sound like a good way to stay fit and make some spending money this season? We are now interviewing and training for winter work! Apply online and come join the Gentle Giant team to make the most of your holidays at home!