Gentle Giant is currently fully operational. Moving Companies have been deemed an essential service by both state and local government due to the critical service they provide to the community and families who are in transition. We recognize this situation is changing daily and we are dealing with any specific move related issues immediately and on a case-by-case basis.
Businesses that are designated as “essential” are urged to follow social distancing protocols in accordance with guidance from the Department of Public Health. We have implemented the following operational procedures for all upcoming moves to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees and our customers during this viral outbreak.
Operational Procedures (effective 3/26/20)
- Customers must be prepared to leave their home for the duration of the move after the initial walk-through is completed with the moving crew.
- Customers must provide access to soap and running water at all move locations. It is essential that crew members are able to wash their hands throughout the progression of the move.
- If the customer has access to masks or face covers, we ask that they wear them during the walk-through with the moving crew. If masks are unavailable, please maintain safe distances of 1 meter or more at all times.
- Our Crew Chiefs will be prepared to do much of their interaction with customers through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- Customers will be asked to return at the end of the move review the Bills of Lading and any additional documentation. Because we feel that any opportunity for interaction should be limited, we are waiving the requirement to sign the paperwork.
Gentle Giant remains committed to providing the superior service and support that you have come to rely on. Please reach out to your Move Coordinator or any other member of the Gentle Giant team with any questions and/or concerns you may have about your move with Gentle Giant.