Gentle Giant continues to follow all CDC and local department of health guidelines in our day-to-day operations. We are continuously monitoring COVID-19 related developments within all the communities that we operate. Additionally, we will continue to update our practices and policies based on the latest available information from federal, state, and local governments. Our priority is to keep both our employees and our customers safe.
The Coronavirus & Gentle Giant Operational Procedures (effective 12/1/2021)
- Gentle Giant’s policy is for any unvaccinated crew member to wear a mask. Our crews are prepared to interact with customers on move day through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- Vaccinated customers may stay in the home during the move, but we request that they wear a mask and practice social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet at all times.
- Customers who are not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times, and are permitted to join the moving crew in the home during the walk-through before the move. Gentle Giant requests that unvaccinated customers are not present in the home during the move. Our crews are prepared to interact with customers on move day through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- If a customer tests positive for Covid-19 pre-move, the move must be postponed until 14 days after the last person in the household tests positive or after 10 days and when all household members test negative.
- If a customer tests positive post-move, or if any time in the 14 days post-move the Customer or anyone in the household tests positive; they should immediately contact Gentle Giant.
- All customers visiting a Giant Giant warehouse location must wear a mask at all times.
Gentle Giant has multiple options to get you a quote for your move and keep you safe:
Use Yembo, an artificial intelligence-based application and your smartphone to submit a video of your items that need to be moved.
If necessary, our Moving Consultant will conduct a survey at your home while observing physical distancing guidelines and wearing protective face and hand coverings.