Moving Companies have been deemed an essential service by both state and local government and Gentle Giant is fully operational. We are following all CDC and local Departments of Public Health guidelines in our day to day operations in order to keep our customers and employees safe.
Gentle Giant views our services as critical to the community and families who are in transition, and we are working every day to improve our protocols so that customers can still rely on Gentle Giant as the premier moving and storage provider nationwide.
SAFETY FIRST: Gentle Giant is working hard to protect both customer and employees by:
- Performing daily Check-in Screening with employees.
- Providing all moving crews with a COVID-19 Safety Kit that includes: masks, gloves, disinfectant and other safety items.
- Cleaning all equipment at the end of each move.
- Asking crew members to wash their hands throughout the progression of the move.
- Asking crew members to wear masks whenever possible.
- Limiting any unnecessary contact including customary traditions like greeting customers with a handshake and has waived requirements to have customer sign paperwork at the end of the day.
- Employees are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well, and customers are asked to reschedule their move if they or someone in their family is not feeling well.
Gentle Giant is asking customers to help keep everyone safe by:
- Having customers be prepared to leave their home for the duration of the move after the initial walk-through is completed with the moving crew.
- Ensuring customers provide access to soap and running water at all move locations, as it is essential that crew members are able to wash their hands throughout the progression of the move.
- Asking customers who have access to masks or face covers to wear them during the walk-through with the moving crew, as well as maintaining a safe distance of 6 feet or more at all times.
- Being prepared to do much of their interaction with our Crew Chief through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- Returning at the end of the move to review the Bills of Lading and any additional documentation. Because we feel that any opportunity for interaction should be limited, we are waiving the requirement to sign the paperwork, and will email you a copy at the end of the job.
Gentle Giant has multiple options to get you a quote for your move and keep you safe:
Use Yembo, an artificial intelligence-based application and your smartphone to submit a video of your items that need to be moved.
If necessary, our Moving Consultant will conduct a survey at your home while observing physical distancing guidelines and wearing protective face and hand coverings.