Frequently Asked Questions When You Plan a Move
It is sometimes said that moving is life’s third greatest source of stress, behind only divorce or the death of a loved one. That’s a pretty weighty undertaking. When you plan a move with Gentle Giant Moving Company, you will find that this doesn’t have to be the case.
At Gentle Giant Moving Company, our 30 years of moving experience and our professional, diligent approach reduces the stress of moving. Naturally, customers have many questions about the move process. If the questions below do not address a concern that you have, please contact us directly – we’re happy to answers any and all questions about a move.
With 30 years of experience as a local moving and long distance moving company,we can tackle moves of any size or complexity. We treat every move with the personal care that you would expect from friends and family. However, unlike friends and family, we guarantee satisfaction. Click here to request a free moving estimate or talk to one of our experienced sales professionals at 800-442-6863.
- from the moving company to your original home,
- then to your destination, and
- back again to the moving company.
Pricing for a long distance move is based on a flat rate, fixed price. Once we have taken an inventory of your furniture and other belongings, and identified a timeframe for delivery, we are happy to provide a binding price for your move. If you prefer, we can also price a long distance move by weight.
- As with other service industries, you may wish to thank your movers for a job well done by offering a gratuity.
- While the movers do not expect a set tip amount, we suggest a tip based on your satisfaction with your crew and the overall move; with a broad guideline of $4-6 per man, per hour.
- If you feel that your movers went above and beyond in their efforts, you may want to increase the amount accordingly.
Preparing to Move
Demand for moving services is generally at its lowest during the middle of the month and, in particular, the middle of the week. If your schedule allows for a move on one of these days, Movers often offer their most competitive rates during those times.
- When the cabinets are made of metal or plastic, 2-drawer filing cabinets can be left full.
- The top two drawers of a 4-drawer cabinet need to be emptied.
- All lateral file cabinets need to be completely emptied.
All drawers need to be emptied in wooden cabinets.
- It is generally fine to leave your clothing in your dresser drawers during the move.
- Be sure to remove anything from the drawers than may roll around or shift during transport, as this can cause damage.
- If the dresser is particularly large (a triple dresser or part of a large armoire), it is best to at least partially empty it.