Moving is stressful – there is no denying that! For many people, packing up and relocating their house ranks as one of the most stressful life changes. From the logistical challenge of organizing belongings (without misplacing the car keys, the kids toothbrush or the cat) to the emotional trials of leaving a home, it is never an easy process. Many questions and concerns are likely to come up throughout the process.
Lucky for our moving customers, they are in good hands. We come prepared, know the tricks of the trade, and are ready to make sure our customers’ big days go as smoothly as possible. Our Giants have seen it all, so when moving day comes along, there is no question we can’t answer.
Logistical Questions for Moving
If you are not quite sure where to begin when the moving truck pulls up, here are a few questions our Giant’s field on a regular basis:
- What should I do with my medication, paperwork, reading glasses, etc. so I have immediate access to them after the move?
- When we get to the new house we will want to unwind with a movie, how will I find our Blu-ray player, remote controls, and all those important cables?
- My son cannot sleep without his favorite stuffed lobster; how can we make sure there are no bed time tears?
- My grandmother’s antique necklace is very important to me; how do you handle jewelry?
- We will be sleeping in our empty house tonight before you finish the move tomorrow. Where will we sleep, and what should we keep with us?
Personal Questions to Ask Our Movers
Our movers will undoubtedly be involved in a very personal part of your life. We strive to hire good people who will help make you feel comfortable in your own home. In some cases, they are not just your mover for the day, they are your therapist too! If you want to get to know the stranger packing up your bathroom, don’t hesitate to ask:
- How long have you worked at Gentle Giant?
- Why did you decide to be a mover?
- What is your favorite part of working for Gentle Giant and of being a mover?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What is the most interesting/unique/difficult thing you have ever moved?
- I have read about the Harvard stadium run for all new hires —how did yours go?
People often come to Gentle Giant for the flexible work schedule and the value we put on following your passions. From producers pursuing a career in the music industry, to rugby players supporting their dream of making the national team, our Giants always have a good story to share (particularly when it comes to the stadium). All you need to do is ask!
Check out some more of our handy moving resources and advice to help your move go as smoothly as possible.